- New building creates modern laboratory and office workplaces for around 150 employees
- Laboratory building scheduled to be completed in 2025
- BASF investing mid-two-figure million amount.
On July 20, 2023 BASF Schwarzheide GmbH and its partner laid the foundation stone for a new laboratory building, which is to be built on the business premises of the company by mid 2025. A consortium consisting of HOCHTIEF and the joint venture Haustechnik WTC Fest is commissioned with the design and execution.
In future 77 laboratory workplaces will be located on 2,400 m2 of space. They are supplemented by 960 m2 of office space, which is designed according to an open plan concept and offers room for an additional 70 workplaces. In the three-story new building, where not only the analytics services but also the process and technology optimization will operate, BASF is investing a mid-two-figure million amount.
“The face of our location is changing. New products and production techniques also require changes in the central service procedures which accompany the production. With the modern building we are preparing ourselves for future requirements and consequently strengthening our competitiveness”, explains Jürgen Fuchs, Chairman of the Management Board of BASF Schwarzheide GmbH. “This investment is a further visible sign of the good development perspectives of the production site in Schwarzheide.“
With the building project BASF is increasingly banking on sustainability. For instance, an air-water heat pump will be used for the base load of the heating and cooling of the building. “We are adopting new ways with this building, not only with regard to the building energy concept", emphasizes Julie De Keyser, Head of Site Services and Infrastructure at BASF in Schwarzheide. “For the first time we are completely handing over the construction of a building on our company premises to a general contractor. With the consortium consisting of HOCHTIEF and the joint venture Haustechnik WTC Fest we have found a strong and reliable partner, who is realizing our vision of a modern laboratory building on behalf of us.”
"We are delighted that, together with our partners, we were able to win the bidding process. Decisive here was not least our many years of experience in constructing complex laboratory buildings, which enabled us to convince with technical optimization proposals,” explains Thilo Warlich, Head of HOCHTIEF Building Business Unit Berlin.
New construction of laboratory building A 330
- Client: BASF Schwarzheide GmbH
- General Contractor: Joint venture for the construction of a new laboratory building A330 Schwarzheide, consisting of HOCHTIEF Building as technical leader and the joint venture Haustechnik WTC FEST
- Construction time: July 2023 to April 2025
- Gross building volume: 32,455 cubic meters
- Gross floor area (above ground): 6,769 square meters
- Usable area: 4,040 square meters
- Floors: 3